ATCAA Receives $720,000
Sonora, CA — The California Department of Water Resources has awarded regional grant money to help low-income residents reduce water and energy costs.
The Amador-Tuolumne Community Action Agency (ATCAA) has received a $720,700 grant to install high efficiency dishwashers, washing machines, low flow faucets and shower heads.
The program will be free to those that meet income requirements and it will help an estimated 378 homes across three counties (Tuolumne, Amador and Calaveras).
Joe Bors, ATCAA’s Energy and Water Conservation Programs Director, says, “It effectively reduces the amount of water used by each family and also reduces energy costs, which is a primary goal of this program.
The grant program is administered via the state’s Department of Water Resources and is concert with the California Air Quality Board efforts.
Goals include reducing approximately 2,400 metric tons of CO2 emissions, 67-million gallons of water, and 2.9 million kilowatt hours, over the lifetime of the products installed in the homes.
Bors says the funding was announced late last week and he estimates it will take between 5-8 weeks to get the new program off and running. For more information on ATCAA’s Energy services, click here.
News / Press Releases
- DWR Awards $29 Million to Underrepresented Communities and Tribes for Drought Relief June 27, 2022
- Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians Awarded $3.6 Million in State Funding to Improve Water Infrastructure on Tribal Lands May 10, 2022
- Major Grant Touted to Transform Twain Harte May 26, 2021
- New Tools Indicate How Thinning and Fire Affect Forest Water Use and Boost Runoff August 4, 2020
- Federal Funding Opportunities June 3, 2020
- SNC Funding Newsletter June-July June 3, 2020
- T-Stan IRWMA Projects Recommended for Funding June 3, 2020
- TUD Awards Bid for Phoenix Lake Construction Contract May 8, 2020
- T-Stan Recommended for $854,000 in Implementation Funds April 26, 2020
- CCWD Dispells Myth about Household Water Usage After Efficiency Bill Passes January 13, 2020